1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

special hydralic fluid for snow dogg plows???

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by snowcrazy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Hello all, I bought a snow dogg plow used off a fella. Plow is 1 year old. Anyways, I figured its prolly a good idea to keep some hydralic fluid on hand just incase i get a leak sometime. What should I be using and where can I order some from. My nearest snowdogg supplier is about 2 hours away.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

You can use S.A.M. brand blue low temperature plow oil. That's available at most plow dealers that carry SAM aftermarket parts.

3. mikedogg

mikedogg Junior Member

My local Napa and Advance Auto carry it,I bought some at Advance last month for 6.99 a quart

4. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Scott, will ATF hurt the plow?

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The seals and the fluid are compatible with ATF, although the seals may swell a bit (as they are all static it shouldn't hurt anything).

The only problem with ATF is that it thickens at low temperatures - but there should be no harm in using it to add some oil if you're in a pinch.