1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speaker Install

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by smokley455, Jan 7, 2008.

1. smokley455

smokley455 Junior Member

Just wanting to have some decent tunes in my 1979 1/2 ton truck. Can't mount speaker in bottom of door because of power window motor. Can I cut hole in side kick panel and steel behind or is there something back there? Just looking for a place for a couple 4" - 5" speakers in the front some place.

2. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Not sure about the kickpanels,but I think you should be able to cut speakers in the bottom of your door below the electric window motors if thats where you want them. You might want to check the lowered window clearance tho.

I put speakers(4x10s,I think) in the rear corners , on either side of the seat,in my 80. The factory actually made some brackets and covers for that application.

3. smokley455

smokley455 Junior Member

I looked again close and there may just be room infront of the power window motor inside the door. You say you got factory 4"x10" mounting brackets . . . . . where?

4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL