1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spartan Tuned 6.4 Plowing Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Drottlawn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

What tune do you guys use to plow with. I just deleted everything and tuned. Holy cow is it a different truck. What do you guys do?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

the 275hp most of the time....the 310 when I needed to put the snow back on the roof of the building......

enjoy the tunes and you won't be able to stop smiling now.:mechanic:

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

You need a truck detuned for plowing , the stock power is more than enough .

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Never!

Friend of mine runs 275 usually while he's plowing. Bumps up to the 310 or 350 when things really get serious.

5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

6.4's run crazy good with just a few mods, you wont be lacking in the power depatment! haha Run whatever you want. Less will probably be more for you, you want to keep traction.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd run the lowest tune or tow tune. The high HP tunes seem to fuel a lot at low RPMs to fire the turbo's which is a waste for plowing.

7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking. To easy to cook a tranny or torque converter, etc with the added load on the truck. The 275 is a beast!:mechanic: i must say, but I would never keep any traction on that tune. Still wearing off the stock continentals, which we all know lack in this department:rolleyes:. Thanks for the answers! I am leaning toward 210 tow or 50.

8. 1olddogtwo

All kidding aside, I ran the 275 tune for two seasons with out a problem. It's all in the footwork, as far as fuel usage, there wasn't any wasted compared to other tunes. In the end, you'll again running a higher tune all the time unless your a 18 year old......

Those BS tires need to be burned off and replaced. I've had excellent luck with Goodyear AT/S. I'm running the 200hp on my 6.7 as a daily driver and will run it plowing

9. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Trust me you have to see dogg plow and then you can understand why ??:D

10. DIRISHMAN

oh yah SHOPPING CARTS Run from him:dizzy: Plus his tune is 275 and a Boat load of Coffee so understand his Foot work is from DD COFFEE:D

11. 1olddogtwo

and they say you can't drifted and plow at the same time.......LOL

12. DIRISHMAN

:laughing::laughing: God I wish Ihad that on Video at you know where

13. 1olddogtwo

have fun with it, I do

good times.jpg

WEATHER 12-21 011.JPG

14. 1olddogtwo

15. DIRISHMAN

Ok You win Nice brings back Memories seein all that white on the ground kinda gets me thinkin

16. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I just tuned and deleted mine this year. Can't wait to try it out in the snow.
    running the 210 tow tune.....
    SO much difference!! It's really like a new truck! wesport

17. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I personally am still trying to figure out which tune I want to use all year long. Currently I am on 300 and :eek:. I am thinking 210 non tow is where I will settle.:rolleyes: