1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fms, Feb 10, 2007.

1. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I had trouble trying to remove my Boss V blade today. The motor made noise, but the plow frame didn't wan't to come away from the mount. I had to pull it off the truck. When the plow frame separated from the mount sparks shot back and forth between the two. What gives? Ground?
  2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Post this in the BOSS forum you will get a quicker answer.Mods will probally move this anyways.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You definitely have a ground problem. Check/clean/tighten all your ground connection's from the battery all the way to the pump unit on the plow. Don't forget the quick connect plug at the bumper.
  4. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the help.
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yes it is the grounds,if it is an older boss plow 2 years and older clean the grounds on the coils and if there is not a common ground wire to all the coils especially the smart hitch coil,run a common ground to all coils ground to motor case,the sparks are coming from the smart hitch mouse trap springs when they make contact with the push beam.check all the grounds truck and plow