1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sparkless in Altoona

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by handy, Jul 21, 2002.

1. handy

handy Junior Member

My '85 chevy came with a diesel. Someone put in a '82 350. It developed a miss. I changed out the cap, rotor, and plugs, as naturally I would. Now I have no spark. I have since changed out the coil, module, pick-up coil and wires and still no spark. I eliminated the radio noise suppressor. I have 12v to the "BAT" terminal (red) of the HEI coil via the ign. sw. I switched the new and old parts in all combinations. I must be missing something. The parts only fit one way. The #1 cyl. is TDC. I have a manual for firing order, and know how the cyls. are numbered. My next move is to replace the entire dist. The NAPA guy wants to know if I have an L or M motor. I don't know the difference. He didn't ask when I bought the other parts. Any suggestions?