1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sparking Joystick

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by luvmytruck460, Jan 25, 2007.

1. luvmytruck460

luvmytruck460 Junior Member

i have a fisher underhood electric plow an older style iom guessing about 20 yeasr old plow still plows great and everythying has been working fine until now. i had a line break and i replaced that. hydraulic fluid sprayed all over the engine compartment but nothing was damged or so i thought. i fixed the line and cleaned up the engine compartment conncetinos so all the electronics would work right again. i got in the truck and when i move the joystick up left or right it sparks and the electrice engine moves at a ridiculoucly slow rate. would anyone know what happend? do i need a new switch in the joystick that senses when the engine should turn on or off?

=D usty

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to find a new switch at one of the parts suppliers.
    Search "Snow Plow Parts" on the internet.
    Is it the engine mounted hydraulic pump? Or mounted up front on the lift frame?