1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spark plugs - iridum tip

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CNY Plow, Sep 22, 2007.

1. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

does anyone have imput on the use of these Iridum tip plugs - I know they burn hotter than platinum (+1200 deg F) for use with nitrous.
    Question is, is there any real advantage using these with reg gas or is there a potential for causing damage?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Are you running NOS?
    NO?
    Then you do not need them= wast if money.

Why do you want to run such a hot plug?

3. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

i've only just learned of these plugs and don't know anything about them.

Question is, is there any real advantage using these with reg gas or is there a potential for causing damage?

i intuitivley know the reason to burn nitrous hotter.

i'm here to learn!!!!!

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Gust get the biggest coil Accell makes.(for a hot spark)
    Then test it by sticking a plug wire to your toung..;) .........:waving:

Do you think that the spark is being blown out by the turbulence in your combustion chamber?
    Do you need a hotter spark to ignite the fuel you are burning?

I think you will be fine with a set of platinums.

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looks like running a dodge IMO and experience run the champions plugs that come from the factory the truck will run a hell of alot better

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

every day auto mechanic here.

USE THE O.E.M. PLUGS. less problems in the end on bone stock motors. chased down to many running problems all back to wrong brand and or range plugs. its not worth it . payup :salute:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

100% agree as far a stock engine's go. Whatever plug they're factory equipped with always seem to work the best. Now the iridum plugs are very good, as the technology has come a long way but their best for use in a performance application and you won't see the benefit verses cost in a stock or daily driver application.