1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spare touchpad alternative?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Woodland, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I have an MDII 7.5' diamond plow on my truck right now and it has the touchpad for controls. I'd like to pick up a spare as there is no diamond dealer withing 40 miles of me and I don't want to get stuck in a storm without. I'd also like not to pay over $200 for a spare part. Is there a simple alternative that I can purchase and then be able to install quickly, say during a snow storm if the touchpad should fail? I noticed some alternatives controls at CPW but I'm not sure how readily they could be installed on a temp basis in the event of failure.

2. Whip

Whip Member

I guess you could go with the "Slik-Stik" and it's adapter harness as a less expensive alternative but you'd have to have it mounted somewhere.
    Only other thing would be to watch eBay for a used touchpad and hope it works properly.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just sold a spare touchpad for $127.50 on Ebay. I think that is about the average price so I am sure you can find one.

4. Whip

Whip Member

Any one tried the S.A.M. ones? Was wondering about quality and endurance.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea,we've run a few of the aftermarket SAM TP's. They seem to hold up just as good as the genuine Meyer TP's although it's pretty much the same thing,you gotta be gentle with them and not throw them around or they won't last too long.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If you wanted a spare and your not so good in the electrical dept then you will need to go out a buy a new harness for a stick setup. I too like to have backups for breakage. Although we havent been out but 2 times yet this year..:cry: ....Rob

7. Whip

Whip Member

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about the other way around.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  8. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

SAM? Where can I find these?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic