1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spare parts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jeep_thing, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Hi- I have a new F250SD and MVP3 with wings and blade stops. Am I right that blade stops help prevent damage to the cylinders and hoses if accidentally hitting something?

Anyway, my question is what should I have on hand for emergency parts as I don't have a backup truck. Hoses, even with the blade stops? Anything else? Cylinder?
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have tried to find the thread that had all the info you need, but the new format does not let you seach back far enough I guess.

I though it was "what do you carry", but that was not the one that I wanted.

How far are you plowing from your shop or home base? - This will determine how extreme you need to go.

At least one of each hoses
    Any pins/ common bolts that can be lost
    Full change of fluid
    Good Ratchet Straps (a few, they have tons of uses)
    Zip Ties
    Baling Wire
    Duct Tape (good stuff not cheap stuff)
    Toilet Paper
    Full Wrench and Socket set
    Full line up of fuses
    Self Igniting Turbo Torch (again countless uses)
    Spare Controller
    Spare bulbs
    PB Blaster / WD40
    Wiring kit (wire pliers, butt splices, loom of wire)
    Pipe Wrench (you would be amazed how many things you can bend back to good with a pipe wrench)
    Goof Off (if you run your rubber flap down a garage door, this will get the rubber off

I will think of more I am sure.
  3. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

I saw the thread where someone asked if they "pull a trailer" lol

I appreciate the response, I have all of that at my maintenance shop where my truck works. What I am wondering is what plow parts from Western should I have on hand to eliminate down time running to the dealer?
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Pins & Clips
    Mabye a spring or cylinder - only ever broke one in my life... not terrible common

Solenoids, Fluid, and Hoses are going to be your big ones.