1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spare parts to have on hand

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Carpenter98, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Carpenter98

Carpenter98 Member

So what is a good list of spare parts to have on hand? I have a couple of extra connecting pins, cotter pins, 1/2" nuts & bolts (grade 8 & standard). I also have 2 hoses for the turning cylinders, fluid, di-electric grease & various fuses.

How about solenoids, poppets, or other smaller items? I'm trying to put a tool box of parts together to keep everything together in the truck so I can make quick repairs. I want to have critical items on hand, but don't really want to have a whole spare plow in the back of the truck. I'm trying to think of the common items that need replaced.
  2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

its called a fisher plow emergency kit. you can get them after market also. Mine paid for it self the first storm. I needed a pin. And just recently one of myy pack nuts was loose and leaking a bit. So to have a quart of correct fluid save me losing valuable time. Oh andd ofcouse a couple adjustable wrench and other small hand tools.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Solenoid is a must. Not so much on the poppet or other components.

Hoses, fuses, fluid and pins are good, but bolts rarely break.

Almost as important as having a couple of parts on hand, it's just, if not more important to have a few basic tools........This is what the china ones are made for boys lol. Leave the good stuff in the tool box at home.

Flat head & Phillips head screwdrivers

1/4 socket set. ( I got a cheap MM / Standard combo set for $15 bucks at NAPA 10 years ago, it came in a small gray plastic carrying case...best $$ I ever spent)

Needle nose & Regular pliers

cheap crimppers and a few butt connectors as well as electric tape

And last, but not least....a full can of fluid film!