1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spare Joystick

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BlueRam2500, Sep 30, 2006.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Does anyone carry a spare joystick with them? Reason I ask is I am contemplating buying another one because the one that came from the dealer broke already and I just got a new one. I just don't want to be stuck if I take out the joystick and the connections bend.
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I use a fish stick and have a spare joystick in my truck. Honestly I never used it.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I got. But thats for worst case. Since my truck has central hydros. If I got to use either. I have to remount the pump on my pro plus.
  4. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

What's a fishstick?
  5. Fisher's version of the western joystick, same exact thing...
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I carry an extra joystick for my westerns, cause you never know what may happen.
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I did hear that the fishstick has a small fuse inside. It may be a good Idea to open it and get a spare fuse to keep in the your truck.
  8. sinsere

sinsere Junior Member

I bought the hand held joystick and just kept the old one as a spare for my western.
  9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I always carry a spare. Never know what will happen. Besides that, Western's Joystick is kinda cheap IMO
  10. doh

doh Senior Member

And again mine is in it's 9th season, and been on the bottom of the lake for 6 days.

Only problem is the light burnt out.
  11. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Yours or the controllers?
  12. doh

doh Senior Member

A little a, a little b.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I think I'm gonna get a Cab Command for mine now, found a good deal on one. Had some problems with my joystick the other day, wire was loose, and the joystick stays far left when not in use, rather than right in the center.

Like you's said, don't want to be caught out somewhere with no joystick!:realmad: