1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SP575 spreading width

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by tom2012, Feb 25, 2012.

1. tom2012

tom2012 Junior Member
    from Germany

Hello everybody,

I would like to change the spreading width of the SP575 by exchanging the spinner motor.
    I would like to have a smaller spreading width (about 3 to 4 feet).
    By using the controller it is only possible to get rpms between about 300 and 700 rpms...
    So my idea is to exchange the D6106 (6500rpm) by an auger motor or a motor of one of the other spreaders.

Does anyone know the rpms from D6410, D6320, D6827 and/or D5522?

With a look to

http://www.trynexfactory.com/pdfs/snowex/2009/specifications.pdf

all the motors are compatible to the transmissions.
    (exept D5522; does that one fit aslo to D6107?)

Thanks for any ideas/help. :)

2. estatedrives

estatedrives Junior Member
    from PA

575 modify for lighter spread?

I am also trying to modify the 575 to spread a smaller width and slower rate. At lowest setting I still need to drive quite fast to get a light application. Would you share if you know a replacement auger/motor? Or modification of hopper, spinner, etc., that would achieve this?
    Second,
    I'm told that this model cannot mix sand with salt - flow rate too fast. What sort of modification would allow a blend 50/50 sand with salt?

Thanks for advice!

3. Deut2210a

Deut2210a Member

I am using the GAK 020 gate with a loose chain auger

This gives me whatever flow rate I want and the flailing chain doesn't jam the material in the chute before the gate like he auger could. The Karrier Z80 vibrator helps the flow of bulk salt when needed. To limit the width I would hang a shroud around the spinner to contain the salt to whatever width you want.