1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southern ontario guys, I got annother question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Alpha Property, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

so there calling for a chance of some snow overnight, bouncing between snow and rain, a chance of up to 20cm of snow, or as little as less than 1cm and 30-40mm of rain?

So my question is if it snows overnight and hits a trigger amount, are you still going out to plow residential knowing that its gunna be plus 7 and rain starting as soon as the sun comes up?

2. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Being this is the first snowfall I will just stay up and watch it and go with the flow...just treat it as a test run when it and if it hits 2"

3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Something tells me its going to be a long couple of days.

4. martyman

martyman Senior Member

Why would you say that? its going to be rain by tomorrow afternoon.

5. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I'm in eastern ontario and I think we are supposed to get 15-20 then chance of rain.... you definately don't want to count on the rain to melt the snow... if it doesn't and then it turns cold again, it would be a real mess to try to clean up!!

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wake me up when it's over.:drinkup:

7. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I never rely on the meteorologists reports. It's always wait and see, then after that, use your best judgment.

8. Alpha Property

its lookin like 1-3cm of snow and turn to rain early early morning and then 25-30mm of rain during the day

9. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

When a sytem is as large as this one better sleep with one eye open. Nothing worse than getting up at 7am and having 6" on the ground!!! Even when the forcast is calling for all rain. As the temp starts to drop keep an eye on the lots, and most of all don't behind on the snow.

There has been many times where the forcasters are 80% incorect on the forcast!!!!

10. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

I left home at 3:30 am, did 5 parking lots & salted them aswell, 3 hours later & theyre all full of snow again. So I had to plow again & salt.

Tonight, I'll be put again, plowing again & salting again.

Just north of Toronto, we didnt get rain, Its all snow,,,, WET, HEAVY FReeeeeekin SNOW.

We've seen over 20 - 25 cms.

I hate this storm. At the end of the day, they wont want to pay for the salt & then we start all over again.

11. Alpha Property

yea man i saw that on the news when i woke up, its just been rainin here in in niagara, not letting up at all

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

20-25 from this storm? Where?:drinkup:

13. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

The only place I've seen in Ontario with 25+ cms of snow is around Wiarton because the lake effect has not let up for 5 days and that's before this typical event here. You need a new measuring stick.:nod:

14. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

I just salted the crap out of everything. Black by 10 am. My buddy sent out four guys at 3am. They came back in at 4, not too impressed. Be back out in the morning for the flash freeze around 3 am