1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southern New England Get's It Again.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nozzleman, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Looks like another plowable storm tommorrow. 3''-6'' near the coast in my area. I love to plow but I hope this is it because I am itching to start doing some spring clean-up's. Also, I had hoped to keep the new truck clean until next winter but this will be storm # 2 for the new beast.

2. bastalker

bastalker Junior Member
    from Ct.

Hey nieghbor..Hope it does, wont believe it till i see it though. Like you I am waitin for the cleanups.

I am in the wrong forum to say "cmon spring"!!

I could use the money though since it will be couple of weeks anyways before we can start the cleanups....

When it rains it pours.....I just use an umbrella.

3. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Nozzleman where did you here 3 to 6? I heard 2 to 4, but like both of you I was hoping that the last one was the last. I am itching to get outside with the rake as well. It was near 50 today and I could taste spring in the air. Some of those hard packed snow piles will take some time to melt away.

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Oakhill, at noon channel 12 said 3-6 south of Providence and 2-4 north and west of the city.

5. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

Hey, im right below u on the island, its been a long winter and im iching for spring to pop its head around the corner. What a beating on my brand new Craftsman tractor Man. I wasnt planning on haveing a huge blizzard to break her in, but my luck shows. I have been doin lots of driveways and made good money but i want spring to give the girl a rest! Im right with u buddy.

:D Vinny:D

6. myo

myo Senior Member

Yeah, feels like spring is right around the corner. Especially after today.

7. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Boy these forcasters suck!, Now it says 3 to 6 and 2 to 4 on the coast before it was 1 to 3 and maybe more on the coast. It has been snowing since 11 or so here and we don't even have an inch. I sanded a couple of lots just to make sure it won't collect and not quickly if it does. All I have to say is that this better be the last, I don't think I would be able to mentally take any more of this white stuff!

8. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

it is freezing rain right now should cut back on the amounts.

9. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

oakhill2000, I reckon I was premature in starting this thread.I will be lucky now to see 2 inches in my area. It's 3:15 pm now and secondary roads only have a little slush on them and it's suppose to blow out of here by evening. I guess I won't be plowing tonight which is O.K. since I did't even hook up the plow figuring this might happen.

I am going to head over to lawnsite now to talk Spring.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

3:45 pm snow/rain mix

36 degrees, melting as it hits.

I'm not too broken up over it.

Its time to move on to spring........... :waving:

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Steady snow here. Maybe 1.5" on the grass. 1" of slushy snow on the roads. Towns are plowing. I spread straight salt on everything this morning and so far all commercials are just wet. Probably have to take care of a few steep drives later. May get a little messy if temps fall. Not expecting much. Cut the shrinkwrap off the boat yesterday. All summer equipment is ready to work so time to start getting the summer toys ready.

12. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

fizzled

2 to 2.5 here and it's stopping wont make the 3" trigger

13. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

I got lucky today. I got up and there was freezing rain falling and making ice all over the place. Well, the good part is that we got out of school early today for teacher's metting so as soon as I got home, there was about an inch of snow on top of the ice so I went to work and we plowed for 6 hours, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. What a bad storm though. When the snow sytopped we got about 4 inches of heavy wet stuff and then we went through about 50 bags of salt just to salt all the properties that were glazed with ice under the snow. Hey making money is all I can about. :waving:

14. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

spelling

maybe you should care more about spelling than the neighborhood !! Your teachers should have more class time and less meeting time to help with spelling .... Sorry.... its the teacher in me use your spell check at least Bill

15. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I ended up with two inches on my deck. One customer called to see if I was plowing her driveway (usually a 3'' trigger) and since the plow isn't hooked up I had to send a friend over to do it.

16. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

SE Mass

We got ~3" in SE Mass. It changed to sleet/rain for about an hour, then back to snow. Was actually heavier to push than I expected for a 3" storm. Now the temps have dropped and everything will ice up, before the thaw next week. Road were just as bad as last thursdays storm when we had that 150 car pileup on 95S.

Dave

17. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

I'm with you Nozzleman I am off to lawnsite soon enough with this snow talk. I plowed my commercials to scarpe up the 2 inches of slush and clean them good and had one residential to do spread some sand/salt and was in bed by midnight, not bad made some money but I don't want anymore. If we get anymore I might just kill someone:realmad: . Ok well looks like it is too cold to pressurewash sander and trucks today but we will see if not it is supposed to be in the 50's on saturaday:drinkup: .

18. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

3/8 of an inch on grass if we were lucky...

Most of it melted as it hit the ground.... just salted everything lightly last night to prevent slip and falls.

May be almost 60 on Sunday.... Think I'm gonna find a sunny spot on my deck and :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

19. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

DaveO, their sure were alot of cars involved in that accident. The fire department I work for sent a rescue truck to assist and we are about 20 miles from the scene. Considering the amount of cars involved thankfully their were not to many serious injuries.

Oakhill and Jeff, I will have to join you in doing some :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: this weekend. Also, I have to replace a light I broke on the landscape trailer last year and I might even fire up the mowers and the Little Wonder and double check everything to make sure it's good to go.

Can you tell I am ready for spring:D .