1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Michigans first snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by rb8484, Sep 28, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Well, I was just watching the local weather this evening and they are predicting the first snowflakes in October!!! Its getting to be that time!! Hope its a snowy one!!!payup

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

What!? :dizzy:

3. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yup!!! lol. Last year our first trace of snow came on October 26th. Im hoping for one more nice day to take the boat out for one last run, but I am ready for the white stuff too!!

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

oh yeah I heard that also cant wait I'm all ready just need the white stuff to fall !!!!!!

5. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

They mentioned rain snow mix for the first time in the forcast for southern lower michigan. They said next Sunday we could see a little bit of a mix! Guess I better get going on getting my plow painting project finished up, October will be gone before we know it!!

6. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

we didn't have much of a summer so let it snow

7. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I need to get my boat winterized yet!! :dizzy:

8. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

i wish i had a boat to winterize.

9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

What forecaster are you listening to!

10. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

WOODTV8. 40's for a high next sunday according to them with a rain snow mix. We shall see! I hope winter comes yearly!!

11. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

man I better stop dragging my feet and get all my winter stuff ready to go!!

12. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I'm ready to go blades are sitting in the drive just a couple tranny and oil changes an away we go could use so more accounts tho

13. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

up here in gaylord we had the white stuff falling yesterday for the first time. nothing on the ground. this morning again with a little, it did stick to the cold trucks. i made my first snowball of the season. :)

14. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Lucky you! They took the rain snow mix out of the forcast for tomorrow. It will be here soon enough!! It feels cold enough out right now to snow! Im out tucking the boat away for the winter and that wind is COLD!!!