1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Maryland Bulk Salt Supplier

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ibelee, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Anyone know of one?

2. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

Most of the bulk salt places in Md are in Baltimore. There are a few up there, harveys and costal are the ones we use usually. Harverys number is 410-391-9100 and costal is 866-DEICING. Also if you want to use magic, clear path products carries it, but I dont have their number on hand. Where are you located in MD? We are in Upper Marlboro.

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Bulk Salt

I am located between Waldorf and LaPlata.

Bulk Sat in Baltimore would be a little impractical for me due to geography.
    Maybe I should try looking on the other side of the 301 Bridge.

4. charlefoxtrtot

charlefoxtrtot Member
    from MD

Salt

You may not have a choice but to come to Balto. Last week I saw many trucks from VA. Hauling salt back there (VA.) from Balto.

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

No Bulk Salt in Southern MD?

I'm starting to think that some of us Southern MD and surrounding area guys ought to get together, build a shed, and start a salt co-op.

6. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

Down the road that might be a good idea, but as of now I can store all my salt at the sites. We have skids or backhoes at the sites to load the trucks. But down the road it will probably be more economical to store salt that way.