1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

southern maine. we ready?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bribrius, Dec 19, 2007.

1. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

almost time for us to go plow again.

i know im ready. i am laying on my couch with a pillow and this laptop watching tv. thinking after a few hours sleep............
    think I might luck out. we might only have to get up at four a.m. only a inch out there right now.

anyone know approximatley when we will hit the four or five inch mark? i know we might hit twelve or more but im more concerned about when exactly i have to get off this couch and go plow which i do around four inches. :)

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I've been up at 2, 3, 4, and 5am and looks like just an inch has fallen here in So NH...they're saying another 3-5 may fall today...you're probably out there by this time...
  3. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Just about an inch here in midcoast Maine--was up at 5 and looks like it was a pretty quiet night--but the snow is coming down good now and sounds like it will continue through the day.

Sounds like 6+ inches maybe--and this morning they're saying the trough that's pulling all the moist air in from the Gulf of Maine is further south than they originally predicted--so the heaviest snow will be in Southern Maine and New Hampshire.

Have fun!
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

naaa. i went out and came back. im on the couch. lol

only had a couple or three inches this morning. people could get out. night shift worker could get in. all good.
    i really should get going now though. talked to one who has a hair appointment around 12:30 and wanted me to come plow to make sure she could get out and go to it i guess the town plow went by. no kidding. need to get your hair done? make sure you let your plow guy know. lol.

so i guess i will do that and kill some time then go out and start out before people start getting out of work this afternoon. we really dont have that much only a few inches but it's coming down at a good clip now..
    i don't do a hundred drives like some on this board so i'm pretty relaxed about it.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Just back in ...

about an hour ago...ended up doing 2 full rounds of my route. I went out at 6am and did 3 that have a 2" trigger (small const co) and then came back and relaxed til 9:30am then went out scouting...there was plowable snow everywhere, so I just started my route...finished up around 1pm then I relaxed again til 3pm and went out again to check the first ones I did...another 3-4" had fallen...started all over again, and just called a few to see if they needed plowing (far out end of route) 2 did so I went out and finally did my elderly-est client last because he never wants to pay x-tra.

I think I'll sleep in tomorrow...