1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SouthEastern Massachusetts bid help!!!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SouthernMassGuy, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SouthernMassGuy

SouthernMassGuy Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I just need a quick ( if possible ) opinion. I have a 1998 Chevy Tahoe with a 7.5 Fisher setup and i got a call from a condo complex looking for a price...they also want sanding and salting. Here is what it have, plowing a 1/4 mile EASY main road ( no obstacles and a lot of room to put the snow ) THEN i have 5 parking areas which roughly measure 300' x 60 pretty easy also.... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? I need a ballpark figure on the following, I would be going by inches or by the hour. I can only figure about 2 hours for a realitivly small snowfall
    3-5''

5-7''

7-10
    etc............ and if we get a small strom, say 2'' what about the sanding and salting price?? I would really apreciate it... I have been plowing for many years but mostly drivways
    Thanks,
    DTC
    Westport, Massachusett

2. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

2-6-------150.00
    6-10-------200.00
    10+--------250.00
    As far as salting using a tailgate spreader i am not sure. bagged salt is expensive,and I would guess somewhere around 20.00 for 50 pounds spread
    good luck