1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southeast Pa snowstorm January 26th

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by SalNazzaro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Heres some storm pics from Collegeville, pa we got hit with around 14 iches of snow from the 26th to the 27th

snowstorm26th08.jpg

snowstorm26th3.jpg

snowstorm26th4.jpg

snowstorm26th6.jpg

snow26th1.jpg

2. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

some more pics

snowstorm26th2.jpg

snowstorm26th12.jpg

snowstorm26th10.jpg

snowstorm26th11.jpg

3. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Nice pictures! Seems like a good storm. Question about your wings: Do you ever run into curbs, and have a problem bending or breaking them?

4. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

No problems with them I love them. I clean curbs no problem the poly edges on the wings flex so there fine.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a good chunk of snow. More then I like.

You don't want to be hitting curbs with Western wings. They are weak and we reinforce all of ours.

6. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

This is the second season for mine and the only thing I do is ride the curb w them I've never hit anythig with them and there great

7. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

How do you reinforce your wings?

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at your 7th picture, those horizontal piece's on the back of the wing, we close those in with flat steel. You have to bend it around the bracket as it goes to the back of the plow. Kind of hard to explain. I will try and get a pic monday but I bet I forget by then.

9. wildplow

wildplow Member

we got about 10in. outta this storm...it was a nice one....hear there is another coming for this tues.-wed.

10. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea I heard tuesday were supposed to get hit w more than what we just got and if you could get pics of the wings reinforced that would be great, thanks

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Got bored so I went for a drive.

IMG00132.jpg

IMG00131.jpg

12. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Nice job, so you just welded a piece of metal there

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's all. On the other set we welded a piece in between those 2 brackets and it has worked well also.

On my personal truck I never had to put anything on the wings. I guess if you own it and have to pay to repair it you treat it a little better. Things wings are on employee driven trucks. One guy broke the wings the second night out.

14. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea mine are on my personal truck so I'm definantly more cautious with my own truck. Still a good idea though if I ever get bored