1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Southeast Michigan average number of pushes

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dlsmichigan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. dlsmichigan

dlsmichigan Junior Member

Good morning everyone, been lurking for a while now, I have finally taken the plunge from working for another contractor to bidding my own. I was more of a "fill in guy" and don't think I have a good idea of the amount of pushes to be bidding in our area.

Most of my contracts will be "per push pricing" however I have a few HOA's that require a season price. Friends in the industry have given me numbers from 7 pushes all the way up to 30. I know I pushed 13 times last winter and I didn't work it all. Could someone give me a little better Idea on where I should set my seasonal expectations? I have thought about trying to set up a slotted rate that protects both of us if we have a low or an extreme year.

Thanks for the help, I cant imagine taking this plunge without all the information shared on this site

DLS

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Don't believe most on this site. I'd think 12-18 is a good number depending on how many days a week and hours of operation

3. SnowGeekJason

SnowGeekJason Junior Member
    from 48025

HI! last year i plowed at a 2in trigger 9 times in Birmingham, royal oak, Beverly Hills. With a 1in trigger i plowed 13 times. This 2015-2016 season they predict the sane as last year but i also hear possibly much less because of el nino. Hope this helps!