1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

South West Michigan's first snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by cameo89, Nov 1, 2010.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Its been on the news for the past few nights that our first snow will arrive this thurs evening into friday 4th & 5th 2010 even if its only a dash of salt ill be good with that! Can't wait to sling some salt with the new Boss spreader!

2. TheBossMan2000

TheBossMan2000 Junior Member

i heard something about that but i also heard 42 degrees so im thinkin more rain that anything unfortunatley, but hopefully im wrong:)

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Well thursday night truck all gassed up, plow on salted on and truck loaded with salt! Low of 25 deg.tonight so hopefully we will see that 1" in the morning! Atleast I can test out the new salter!

4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck we'll have to wait over here buy the Saginaw Bay

5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

woke up on fri morning and had snow on the vehicals, roof tops and a little on the lawns but not enuff to go out, but we still have one more chance for tomorrow then after that it looks like about 10 days near 60 deg

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Went out this morning and salted 600lbs on my lots and 150 on my walks! Wish it were more but I guess beggers can't be chooser's! Can't wait for the real winter to arrive! Anyone else get to go out?

7. DJ Contracting

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I tried posting this from my phone but for some reason It would not load.

8. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Really I can do just about every thing on my phone except upload pics! And I tried yesterday to upload pics from the laptop and got an error every time, Idk!

9. DJ Contracting

Normally my phone works fine however since it took a bath in pinesol water it wants to act up now and again, I think it's time to spend the $50.00 and get it replaced through the insurance.

10. DJ Contracting

See now it's working fine LOL

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

That sucks! Atleast your phone smells good! Lol
    Plowsite should make it possible to upload pics to the site, I can do it on facebook why not plowsite?

12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Just watched the news/weather and finally acumulating snow in the forcast for wed, thurs, fri and maybe sat, but the 7 day did'nt go that far. it'll be nice to get a nice little storm in before thanksgiving.

13. MDSP

MDSP Member

You went out and salted on Nov. 6th? And got paid for it? Where in MI are you?

14. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Yea, I went out and did 4 of my rite aid parking lots, gotta keep people safe and on there feet! Anyways im in Coloma/Watervliet/benton harbor/st.joe about 10 or so miles west of lake michigan.

Looking foward to next week, starting wed, ill be glad to finally drop my blade and push a few inch's$$$$

15. habart30

habart30 Member

I'm thinking Friday night/Saturday morning will be our first full push!! I've heard several inches are possible in the snow belt areas, and all the weather sites are saying 80-90% chance of Snow!! Temps will only be in the upper 20's..

16. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Yep,with temps that warm we know what that brings! Wet,and HEAVY snow. I did go out tonite for the first go round of salt ,but it's now 33 degrees. They are calling for a better chance of snow tomorrow evening and into Friday though. For all the mad women shoppers.Lol

17. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Yup id rather sit in my nice warm truck making money instead of sitting on a cold side walk to spend money! My local weather liar is saying 1-3" tomorrow(fri) and sat morning! Hope so...I know for a fact with all this Damn rain and a low of 18* ill atleast go salt in the morning! Good luck you guys..:)

18. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Looks like we might see a few inchs tonight and tomorrow. Only a dusting outside rite now! Anyone else have anything?

19. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Just a fine mist up here yet.A few flakes mixed in.

20. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Finally, got to drop my blade, only to clean up from my side walk crew. And I was able to put down 800lbs of salt so far and its still snowing, possibly 3" by tomorrow morning, maybe more if the winds hit us just rite for the lake effect to kick in! Anyone up north gettin any decent amounts?