1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

South Bend IN. Blizzard

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Raymond S., Feb 3, 2011.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Here are some shots taken the last few days. Had some pretty major drifting in spots. Some residentials drifted around the garages and walks. Had one commercial building where the drift was over our head. Spent a some time digging out so the door could be opened and then blasted through from the inside.
    Overall a pretty healthy storm Had a solid 12-14" spread evenly through the area. My blood pressure has finally dropped a little today so I thought it would be a good time to upload some pics.

Enjoy...
    Oh, and no ridiculing on "I'd of put the snow here", or "That ain't snow, one time I plowed 60" straight for 10 days." It was a freakin blizzard so some stuff probably got a little messy. It is what it is...enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

3 county plows stuck in culdesac. One got out and down the road, other two still burning the tires.
    [​IMG]

The factory in a previous picture after we got it dug out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

6. 6.5 Chevy

6.5 Chevy Member

cool nice pics

7. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Nice clean work

8. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice pics man. I bet that was a job getting that factory door that was drifted in open.

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Yeah the factory door was fun. I usually don't take time for pictures but decided to bring the camera along this storm. We're heading back tonight to clean out some loading docks w/ a skid steer and move some piles around. Anybody say Spring???

10. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

thank you for posting, thoes are nice pictures.

11. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

what kind of snow blower do you use and what size?

12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

It's a toro Powerclear 210R I think. To be honest I would have to look to be sure I just bought a couple this year and haven't really used either. They did a he'll of a job with these drifts though. Best blower for $499 probably. For a 2 stroke I couldn't believe how well they lugged down. Quite a but of power for such a little unit.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  13. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Cleaning some docks and pushing back piles earlier tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

15. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

NIce pictures. Looks like you do very nice work.

16. ksnow

ksnow Member

Great work wish we could get that kinda storm we would have work for weeks

17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

agreed! would love one of these to end the year

18. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Now listen, I really would have put the snow in the first pic over, LOL LOL Just kidding, great pics and you do one hell of a nice job. Thanks for posting I enjoyed them all

19. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Nice Pics!

20. scag413

scag413 Junior Member

Nice pics! So how close to live to Indiana? I noticed your profile says you live in MI. So do you have contracts for Indiana as well or did you just come down for the storm?