1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sources for mounting Boss RTII on 1985 Dodge Ram 4X4

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SnowRam1985, Nov 2, 2014.

1. SnowRam1985

SnowRam1985 Junior Member

I just purchased a Boss V plow RTII (RT2) that is fully functioning for $500, one small problem...no mount.

I understand that they are obsolete but I took a chance in the hopes that I could find someone what had upgraded to a RTIII (RT3) and might be looking to sell their mount. So with that said.

Does anyone know of a good source (perhaps maybe you personally) where I could get an LTA03545 Boss V-Plow RTII (RT2) mount that would fit on a 1985 Dodge Ram 1-ton 4X4?

I am hoping to get it as soon as possible so that I can start lining up snow removal contracts for this winter. Can't really line up contracts without knowing if I am going to have a truck to push with.

Thank you in advance to anyone who took the time to read this and especially to anyone who replies, your input, ideas and comments are indeed welcome.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your never going to find a mount for that antique.

You better off selling that plow to me for $400 delivered

Thumbs Up

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  4. SnowRam1985

SnowRam1985 Junior Member

Which are you calling an antique? The plow or the truck? LOL. While it may be true the truck is old but it still has some serious torque. I have pulled tow trucks out of ditches with it with little to no effort many times. I think for now I'll pass on the offer but thanks anyway.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Lol
    At this time the plow ;)