1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Source for old Fisher parts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elksniper, Nov 20, 2007.

1. elksniper

elksniper Junior Member

I have an old belt driven Fisher plow. The problem is my buddy gave it to me thinking the frame from a 79 Ford F250 4x4 were identical to a 68. Well, they're not even close. I am trying to find push plates for my 68. Fisher doesn't make them anymore and neither of my local dealers have them left over. I can't find these anywhere.

Does anyone know of somehwere I might be able to get a pair of push plates for a 1968 F250 4x4?

On a side note, does anyone know if the push plates/front of the frame of a 73-77 F250 is identical to a 67-72 vintage? I think Fisher still makes these, but I don't have a 73-77 model to look at to see if they are the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. elksniper

elksniper Junior Member

Anyone? Anyone have some push plates for a 67-72 F250 they want to part with?
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think you might be better off to find a really good fabrication shop and have a custom mount made.
  4. zimmm

zimmm Junior Member

Fisher no longer produces the pushplates for the 73-77 Ford F250. I contacted Fisher last year through a local dealer and they are no longer available(I have a 76 F250). Your best bet is to modify the 79 plates and use them. I used plates from an 84 Ford - cut off the lower portion that mounts the pushbeam and fabbed the upper portion from 5/16" angle iron and flat stock. One thing to watch is the width of the pushbar that goes between the plates. I believe you will need one 26 7/8" overall length in order to fit between the springs. Your other option is to try e-bay, as time to time these set-ups show up...
  5. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Couple of possibilities

There are lots of older Fisher plows in the Northeast. There's a classified ad paper out of Boston called the Want Advertiser. (www.wantad.com) I checked this week's copy, and there were dozens of Fisher plows, but nothing fits your needs. But I bet if you place a "want to buy" ad under truck parts, someone would respond. The number is 1-800-2-wantad. There is one company advertising that it specializes in used Fisher plows. They are On Site Truck repair in Rhode Island. Phone is 401-722-3160 days or 401-474-5330 nights. I'll keep my eyes open. Good luck.
  6. elksniper

elksniper Junior Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I still haven't had anyone absolutely tell me that the 73-77 push plates will work on my 68 for sure. I'm thinking I'm just going to hack up the 79 mounts and weld them on. I don't plan on removing the plow mount, so what the heck, it can be permanent.