1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

source for oil?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jeepm@n, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Jeepm@n

Jeepm@n Member

Where are you guys getting your meyer or equivalent oil. Local store wants $13.99qt for aftermarket oil. I though it was high personally after reading that you guy's are finding meyer for $7.99qt. Anyone have a source for the oil and flush at a decent price?

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Smith bros plow parts usually has a good price, sometimes they have a special with a cheap pail that is a good size to keep in the top of a salt bucket.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

13.99 for after market?? Wow thats expensive

4. Jeepm@n

Jeepm@n Member

Well I found non foaming oil with an antifreeze agent for 4.99qt. I still can't find a flush. Nearest place to me is 2 hours one way for a Meyer dealer. Where are you guy's buying a flush?

A trucking place told me to use rubbing alcohol mixed with hydraulic oil at a ratio of 1:5. One part of alcohol to 5 parts oil. Does that work?

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Use naptha for the flush. Buy it a a paint store.