1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Source for coated magnets

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowdays, Jan 14, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a Tomar lightbar that is approx. 24" wide and 12 to 14" across. It is not a low profile LED style. I would like to mount it with magnets instead of a gutter mount setup or back-rack. Does anyone have a good source for a large diameter coated magnet? Thanks.

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Try www.campsafetyinc.com He's in the Cincinnati area and just may have something. They may even be able to do all the work for you on putting it on the bar and also doing the install incase you don't wanna get out in this cold weather all day.

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mcmaster carr has all kinds of bolt on ceramic magnet's but you would have to dip or brush on plastic dip coating .:salute:

4. Upper5percent

Upper5percent Member
    from USofA

Just cover the bottom of the magnets with duct tape...Replace as necessary...;)

Used this method for YEARS on my response vehicles for Fire/Rescue Service...never scratched the roof...:D