1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

souping up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rufur, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Rufur

Rufur Junior Member

Im going ft lawn care op this season I cant have a trailer for spacial reasons but have a safe place to park..Ill be carrying a 36 and 21 trimmer edger etc my worry is that Im driving an 89 1500 silverado 2wd and thats alot of weight for it I cant get the 3/4 ton right now bc of start up costs but Im going to have the brakes checked over on this one is there anything I could do to make this truck carry the load w/o so much wear, anything to beef up the suspension?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

I dont think you'll have a problem,all that stuff together cant be more than 8-900 lbs,unless im wrong.Most 2wd full size trucks have about 14-1700 lbs total payload,the stripper models can carry more,if you subtract your weight from this,you have your approximate #.Keep the rear brakes adjusted tight and make sure rear tire pressure is at the max on the sidewall,you should be fine.
  3. Rufur

Rufur Junior Member

Thank you!

This ones got 151000 miles on it and Im trying to baby it...thanks for the tip!