1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SoundOff Signal EPL 7000 LED

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Troybaseball21, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Has anyone used one of these yet? Was told they are fairly new. I am able to pick one up for about $200 bucks. I played around with one today and it seemed pretty nice.

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/warnamber/lightbars/lb_EPL7000.htm

I would like to get one with Amber and White. That would go well with my 6 set corner strobes in the truck too.

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I like them. I have sold two to members of this board, so maybe they will let you know what they think. I also think one of them may have an extra one to sell, LOLOL.

3. raceyz125

raceyz125 Junior Member
    from IL

I did get mine from safteylighting. Great light for the price. Plenty bright at night and daylight. I was going to get a Sho-Me. I glad I didn't. Great light, thinking of buying another. That's my option
    Kipp

4. raceyz125

raceyz125 Junior Member
    from IL

That's my opinion not option. Stupid spell checker.
    Kipp

5. SafetyLighting

LOL. Hey, we all need options!

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good light...

7. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Seems like a good light to me too .... I am going to have to find one local, I would like to see .... SafetyLighting, what would one cost through you .... I might as well give fellow board members the biz if I am going to purchase.

8. SafetyLighting

$225 shipped.

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

I just ordered one from John @ Safety Lighting. We talked on the phone. Very helpful with some electrical Q's I had.

Guess I'll find out soon if I like it.

10. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I bought one from safetylighting, great guy to deal with. Good price, fast shipping.

My only complaint is the magnets are, dare I say, too strong, they've almost landed me on my butt twice pulling it off of the skid steer. I would feel comfortable driving around with it on the roof of my pickup. The light itself is great and throws a very good amount of light.

11. SafetyLighting

I can take some magnets off a Whelen bar and send them to you. :)

12. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Looks like a pretty neat bar for the price, but you might want to stick with all amber. [ORC 4513.17(C)(1)]

13. Landmass

Landmass Junior Member
    from Calgary

We run the sound off light just would like to say its a great product.Nice and bright but our socket melted from having it on too long :(

14. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

LEDs don't require a colored lens to get the correct color. Although they may look "clear" when not powered up, the LEDs will "glow" whatever color is designed in when turned on. For instance, all of my amber and red LEDs look absolutely identical with the bar off. Turn it on and presto, colors! I'm sure it's the same with that bar - which I've heard good things about.

15. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Hmm, that doesn''t make sense. These are supposed to draw only 2-4amps.

16. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Safetylighting, how are those Ghost LED light heads? Are they pretty comparable to a TIR? And what do they cost. I am looking to mount something behind the grill of my 08 F350 and these seem like they fit the bill....just wondering what your opinion is.

17. SafetyLighting

That's not right at all. What happened exactly?

18. SafetyLighting

They are awesome. I've sold a bunch of them because they are so versatile. It just so happenes I have an F350 dually in here now that I installed two in the grille. He's a vollie FF, so they are split red/white. I'll take a pic.

19. SafetyLighting

Sorry forgot to answer your question, they are along the same lines as a TIR.

20. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

That would be awesome, thank you! Do you by chance have the ability to post a quick vid of them too?