1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

soundoff led3 mini bar dimensions?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sgrizz, Jun 13, 2009.

1. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

I hope somone can help me out with this . I want to get the soundoff led3 mini bar with the magnet mount and it will be going on a 08 colorado but it has a moon roof in it so they put 5 roof ribs to strenghten the roof. I need to know the distance from the center of the bolt that hold the magnet to the other bolt. I looked at the website for tech. specs. but didnt see the spacing from magnet to magnet . I will try to call soundoff on monday. thanks!

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Don't know that much about the Colorado but you can try a couple different things... Get ahold of the dealers body shop where you got the truck and see if they can help you.... Or get a back rack and put it on that. You may even want to think about putting it behind the moon roof if the roof slides inside.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.
    Good luck.

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I bought five of those light bars. I have returned every last one of them. They do not hold up to cold and vibration. The controllers are not yet perfected. I would go with the ShoMe mini led bars. I have never had a single issue.

Just my 2 cents.

Jon

4. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

Thanks pirsch, the ribs are from the factory and the moonroof slides inside the roof. I can put it behind the moon roof i have enough room for the bar , the ribs stick up around 1/4 inch from the flat part . I wanted to make sure that there was enough clearance from the bottom of the bar to where the magnet sticks to the roof. thanks for the tip on the soundoff bar jon geer , did you use it for daily use ? I will be using it for going to and from my work and driveways that i do with the fourwheeler and snow blower so it wont be used all the time

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

6. nmsnow

nmsnow Junior Member

The Whelen Responder LP is not as deep and blows the LED3 away! It has to be the worst minibar out there in that price bracket. Go with the Responder, cheaper and better.