1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SoundOff LED work lights..

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 20Silverado05, Oct 26, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Ok guys finally got all my lights from sirennet and all i can say is holy sh** i am blown away in how damn bright the 5" 1400 lumen led work light is. absolutelty blinding i just hooked them up to my battery and shined my pitch black backyard right up here are some pictures.any questions feel free to ask.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 20Silverado05

Almost forget they do generate heat so the snow will not freeze up on them.

3. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

very nice ... did the bud light come from sirennet?

4. 6.5chevyTD

6.5chevyTD Junior Member

unfortunatly not it was for comparison on how big the lights were

5. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I agree these work lights are awesome. they are something you definitly have to see to believe. The LED 3 mini floods are quite impressive as well. I have two of the LED3 right at my tag for close light by my hitch, and two of those 1400 lumen ones on my headache rack. Awesome

6. builtupbowtie

builtupbowtie Junior Member
    from Oh

Awesome I want a set of
    These. Did u go with floods or spots?

7. F-250 SD

F-250 SD Junior Member

I was thinking of buying them and after seeing your pictures I am ordering them today! Are those the flood or spots?

8. 20Silverado05

They are the flood lights

9. 802PlowMan

802PlowMan Junior Member
    from 05495

I was thinking about getting these for my truck. Wasnt too sure on either the flood or trapezoid but im thinking the flood will be perfect. Thank you for posting this.

10. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Dang it those are brighter then the 1000 lumen ones i got............knew i should have gone bigger!!

11. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

I was thinking of getting the 1000 too....how do you like them ? I'm trying to save a few bucks and not sure if I'm going to regret it later.

12. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

13. ChickenKing

ChickenKing Member

Thanks for the info. My next set will have to be the 1400 Lumen....Couldn't wait and already ordered the 1000 Lumen set. pumpkin:

14. 802PlowMan

802PlowMan Junior Member
    from 05495

20silverado- Have you hooked them up yet? I recieved my set friday and want to hook them up this week. In the papers that come with it they say you need a 5 amp in-line fuse, I'm thinking about using a 10 amp on the same wire and split it after the fuse to each light. Any ideas about that or how you went about hooking them up? And also how you ran your wire ?

-Thanks

15. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

that will work fine.....also you can power a relay off the charge wire in your 7 pin and activate it via reverse wire in same pin and also ground it there too....no running wires under cab..hide the relay behind a tail light....

16. SafetyLighting

802- just keep in mind that the fuse is there for multiple reasons. There isn't any problem with running a single fuse and then splicing the wires from multiple lights together, so long as the wire used can handle the fused rating. If I remember correctly the current draw on those lights is about 3 amps. So if you use a 10 Amp fuse, use 16 AWG wire and you will be fine.

17. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

what is the story on the two lights at the bottom? do ya like them?

18. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

the two lights on the bottom are sound offs mighty work lights, and they are extremely bright, but are a surface mount opposed to your traditional work lights.. hundred dollars a piece so theyre not cheap, but well worth it

19. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

got my set last week. they are brighter than i thought they be!!

[​IMG]

20. SafetyLighting

After I tinted the windows on my Charger I couldnt see Sh*t backing up at night. I added a pair of the Mighty Night Lights. I used the spot lights because at the time, they did not have the 45 degree flood lenses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]