1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Soundoff LED Flood lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Here are few pictures of the Soundoff Signal LED flood lights I installed on my truck. I have 2 1400 lumen LED on the back rack hooked up to the aux switch in the cab and another 2 500 lumen par 36s hooked up to the 7 pin trailer plug on the salter that turn on automatically in reverse. I also have 1 500 lumen hooked up to the salter pointing to the spinner for use in salting that is hooked up to the Truckcraft salt controller that turns on every time I turn the salter on. Also a couple of pics of the truck at Edgewater Park in Cleveland. There were some large waves icing everything along the shoreway. And also some video of our local Lighthouse that turned into an Ice House.

pictures 168.jpg

pictures 170.jpg

pictures 172.jpg

pictures 173.jpg
  2. Burkartsplow

Lake Erie and Ice

pictures 161.jpg

pictures 162.jpg

pictures 150.jpg

pictures 155.jpg
  3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice!!!
  4. Burkartsplow

and the last of them.

pictures 166.jpg

pictures 165.jpg

pictures 167.jpg

pictures 151.jpg
  5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

wow that ice is beautiful! and the truck looks great! love the sound-offs! my buddy just bought a set of 1400 for his backrack too.
  6. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

looks great! what type of spreader do you have? how do you like it? pros-cons
  7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

hey Burkartsplow how much did that set up for spreading salt set you back and where did you get it?
  8. Burkartsplow

I have the truckcraft aluminum insert and tailgate spreader for it. The spreader has worked out great this year. Pros are that the insert and spreader only weigh 500#s, when I raise the bed the salt or clearlane which ever one I am using slides easily to the back, it spreads a nice even large area on each pass, I can load it with 2 tons of salt, I can still see out the back of my truck, and I have the auger powers through any type clumps that may form in the salt. It only sticks out a foot of the back of the truck so you can get up close to objects and not worry about breaking anything. The Cons would be that you have to raise the bed to get material to the back every once in awhile as it will use all the material back there by the auger, but on the larger lots that I know I am going to be using a lot of material I just raise the bed up a few feet and drive the lot raised and it does the job perfectly. I thought since it was power up gravity down that it would take forever for it to drop back down, but with any type of load in there it comes down pretty fast so I am not wasting any time waiting for it to lower. It was a good buy IMO.
  9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great shots Aron and the lights look good.....man thats a great shot of ur truck next to the lake......any action shots?
  10. Burkartsplow

I bought the insert just right inside the PA border for $3200 cash and the spreader back here on the westside of Cleveland for $3000 cash. They were both brand new, end of season and last ones they had in stock. Did not pay tax on either of them and every other dealer I spoke to were in the range of 9K to 10.5K plus tax for the exact same setup. I looked for a couple of months to get the whole package. I was going to buy the same setup the coming fall so I thought I might as well buy it now and save almost 5K and let them sit in the shop for the next 8 months. I was pretty lucky to find the deals I did, Plus having cash always helps.:nod:
  11. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

where did you get the LED floods? what did you pay for them?

i rigged up a set of fogs I had laying around and while they help and are better then stock reverse lights, the beam is too projected, need some actual floods.

let me know!

12. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

I really like your setup!! Very efficient and practical.

from Chicago

where did you get those LEDS
  14. Burkartsplow

I picked up the LEDs from Sirennet. I originally bought the 1000 lumen ones but they were back ordered so they upgraded me to the 1400 lumen ones which are on my back rack and will stay on there year around. Here is the link to there site and prices. They are spendypayup but they work great and have a great warranty. I used to use flood lights from the local auto store, but they are so large and bulky, plus they would not stay in place. These have stainless bolts and everything and once you mount them in a position they are not going anywhere.

http://www.sirennet.com/search.php type in flood light in there this search function
  15. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

hey burkart, glad to hear everything is working out, how are those edges? do those lights come in pairs? or is it 99 for a single light off of sirennet? im tossing options around on what to put on my backrack.
  16. Burkartsplow

The edges are working great, once I opened up the box i figured out they sent me two edges for the drivers side by accident. I called them up and Jerre sent out the passengers side over night for me. They are wearing nice, well not wearing at all on the bottom. The lights do not come in pairs. That is the price per light as they are not cheap, but a great light non the less.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

truck looks great. those floodlights look really helpful as well
  18. timberjack

timberjack Member

FYI - amazon.com has a little better pricing for the lights, and free shipping too.

Burkartsplow - how are the lights for current draw? They look like they've got great coverage. I've got to think, being LED, should be considerably less draw than a set of old KCDaylighters. :)
  19. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

amazon was sold out last I checked

and the lights draw 3 amps a piece (1400 lumen)

I have 2 of the 1400 lumen ones and they are great
  20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks awsome Aaron. Those are some bright lights