1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Soundoff 500s?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DeereFarmer, Mar 5, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I knwo this has been beaten to death, but I'm looking for a decent pair of work lights to put under my rear bumper. I usually just go with the regular rubber tractor lights and have been happy with them. This time I'm looking and the Soundoff 500 Lumen LEDs. How do you guys like them? I'm not looking for anything crazy bright or crazy expensive. The 1400s would be awesome, but I don't need them. Also, I'm just going to run them off of a single switch and not tie them into the factory backup lights in any way. Should I run a relay with these or do they draw so little that I will be fine with just a fused switch?

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Here are the Soundoff's 1000 lumen 4" square LED I love them and so does everybody else who has them that I have heard from, I am getting another pair of the 1400's here soon I think the Soundoff's are a great light

Linn Mar 4.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Wow! Looks like daylight!!! :laughing:

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

5. DeereFarmer

Hahahah thats what I was thinking too.:eek::eek:

6. DeereFarmer

7. NHplwguy77

NHplwguy77 Member

i just did the 1000 4" squares on my back rack and did the soundoff mighty night on my bumper, def go with the 1000s they are soo bright, ill grab some pics tonight

8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I have a thread about the 1400's I need o get pics on. with the 1400's on a back rack no need for anyother light.

9. NHplwguy77

NHplwguy77 Member

heres crappy phone pic, hard to tell but here it is 1000s up top 500 mighty nights down bottom

IMG00687-20110223-2359.jpg

IMG00687-20110223-2359.jpg

10. DeereFarmer

You can see the difference for sure. I'm just not sure I need that much light. All I use my work lights for is backing up my driveway and hooking up trailers in the dark.

11. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Have you seen my thread? I have the round 500s. They are great for me and sound like your intent is similar...guess I'd take the 1400 if the price were same but for me the price/function of the 500 was good. For cheaper price you could find the really long DDM thread, those lights look like great value, people seem happy with them. I like SOS warranty.

I tried to make this detailed. I ran a relay but if your switch is rated properly you might be able to just use that.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=117556

12. DeereFarmer

I've seen your thread joshg. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with the 500s. I can justify the added cost for anything brighter, I just don't need them to be that bright. I'm sure these are brighter than any halogen light I have ever used.

13. DeereFarmer

Ended up buying a set of the 500s tonight. So we'll see how the work out.