1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sound-Off-- terrible Customer service!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by peterk800xc, Dec 16, 2011.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Today I had the worst Customer Service in my career from an awful lot of Companies our Fire Company does business with.We bought 2 new Pinnacle mini-lightbars last Summer.Yesterday one of them had a problem.The multi-function switch that powers the bar and changes the flash patterns quit working, switch does nothing, the toggle part is loose. I took the lightbar off and took the cord off at the light to get an replacement from them. WRONG! I called and talked to a so called Customer rep.I explained what happened and asked if he could send me a replacement cord so I didint have to box the entire light up, drive to a PO or UPS store to ship it back at my expense, have them keep it for who knows how long and ship it back to me for a 3 minute job! He first told me that the cord was not under the 5 year warranty and I would have to purchase it from a dealer. No its under a no hassle ( yeah right ) 5 year warranty. After explaining how easy it would be and cheaper for both of us by just sending out a replacement cord.NO way he said. Has to be returned to the factory so they can diagnose why the switch broke! It broke so can I just send the cord back?? NO way he says again! After spending $500+ for a couple lightbars and a problem arises forget their Customer service people. I said we would never purchase their products again and he said " Fine!" and hung up on me.I then called the regional Rep and never got a call back from him either. Totally absurd in my opinion and our last Sound Off products!

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Wow.. surprised by that..

3. peterk800xc

Yes!

Yes me to! Guess they don't care how Customers feel.Will not be buying anything from them again.Next Fire Company meeting I will be lettting fellow Firefighter know the kind of treatment Sound Off gives its Customers.

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get the guys name? It might help if you keep calling and are able to say who it was, but thats the #1 rule in "What not to do for customer service". Hopefully another company will see this and offer to help you out.

5. peterk800xc

Got his name!

Yes got his name and when he hung up and I called back and spoke to another lady, she said someone would talk to him about his attitude but guess what? No one bothered to call back, still never heard from the North Eastern Sales Rep either, after 2 calls and leaving him 2 voicemails. PATHETIC COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH! Now I see they are selling lites like the DDM ones! Can't imagaine having a warranty problem with these!!!!!

6. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

What the name of this company? So I can BEWARE of them.

7. peterk800xc

Sound- off signal

The name of this Company is Sound Off Signal.Another call to their Rep and still no response.They are going to lose a lot of Fire Companies business for being so rude and non-helpful.Guess why all my partners are using other brands of lighting.But according to their rude tech RAND, they must not care.But you all know what-they are not the only Company that sells lights.I did check on a price for a replacement switch and cord from another Dealer and it was almost $60!! I will go to Radio Shack and make my own.prsport

8. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Wow, the customer service rep was out of line. While I agree with you, I have never had a issue with them. I'm only about 30 mins from their shop and stop in there every now and then. Pretty much all of ottawa county and all of kent county sherriff departments use sound off on all their crusiers. I can see where the company is coming from, and why they wouldn't just send you a cord. The company needs to look and see what actually happened to it and figure out a solution so they don't get more broken ones in the future. If you go on ebay there's a company MC Green sales, he has cords all the time forsale. All new stuff too. I'm sure you could get one for cheaper than 60 from him.

10. peterk800xc

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.No question the unit is an excellent one as we did purchase 2 of them at the same time.My problem is their LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE and a a person who could not begin to help me out.As a Member of the Fire Service locally, we do most of our won vehicle electrical installs.Taking this broken cord off was a 3 minute deal. Cord in hand, call them up get treated rudely and then say if you don't want to purchase our product, " FINE' and then rudely hang up. This emplyee RAND should not be allowed to use a phone and he definitely would not be working for me either! I offered to send them the cord the next day so they could check it out instead of having to sending the entire lite assembly ( which there is NOTHING wrong with it) back at my expense, no less having to travel an hour to ship it to them.Then wait for how long to get it fixed and sent back to me.We have had small problesm with other stuff in the past and when you contact a Company always got excellent Customer Service from all of them.This is the first and Last time I will ever need Sound Off's NON_CUSTOMER SERVICE AGAIN.Thanks for the name of the place on Ebay also.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Iwould try calling back to sound off and ask to speak to someone higher up and let them know about the situation. Tell them what happened. See what they say. My experiences with them have been nothing but great. Where did you buy the light from? Local dealer or online? I would also try contacting the place you bought it from. They may be able to help you more than the actual company would. Like they told you, they don't deal in individual sales.

12. peterk800xc

New switch/cable on its way!

Thanks for the link to MC GREEN SALES. Very nice fella to deal with.I talked to him and he is sending me out a new cable with switch for $11.99 plus shipping. Far cry from the $60 SO wanted.For $11.99 its not worth anymore of my time to call and get the runaround again from this company.

13. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Mcgreen is ok.......but the led bars he sells are garbage......beware...

14. Hello all from PA