1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sound-Off Strobe Power supply minor question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by eskimoplower, Dec 1, 2010.

1. eskimoplower

eskimoplower Junior Member

Great site, lots of info here!! So, I'm hoping that someone can give me a hint or two about a used power supply I picked up recently. It's a Sound-Off Stellar 2-outlet 25 watt supply, model # ETS225. It didn't come with any destructions, I mean instructions, so rather than blow it up installing it, I would like to know what the purple wire that is next to the POS and NEG wires does. Is it for pattern selection? I'm guessing it need a momentary switch, but is a POS 12v source or a ground source to change patterns. Thanks for any tips!! Thumbs Up

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Violet should be your hi/low power to dim at night.

3. massfirefighter

from mass.

4. eskimoplower

Thanks for the quick reply!! I bought it off of ebay and the seller stated (I know, take it with a grain of a salt), it was a multi pattern strobe supply. So, I'll contact sound-off tomorrow and ask them to e-mail me a PDF of the manual. If it is a hi/low brightness setting it should be attached to a POS 12v source? or just momentary to switch between hi/low. Thanks for helping out a newwbb :D

5. eskimoplower

Thanks once again!! It's close, but my supply is rather old, almost 11 years old, so I'm hoping that Sound-Off can help. I only have RED BLK and VIOLET for power connections, I was able to power up the supply with just RED and BLK and it works, alternating dbl flash. once again, thank for the link.
    Greg

6. eskimoplower

You are 100% correct :nod: Sound off was able get me a PDF file for my power supply. Have a good one!

Greg

7. massfirefighter

from mass.

Glad you figured it out.