1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sound Off Pinnacle LED Mini-Lightbar* mounting

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by s. donato, Oct 23, 2011.

1. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Anyone know if this or any other mini light bar can be mounted upside down?

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Why would you want to do that?

3. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Well I am a contractor and wanted to mount underneath my lumber rack instead of ontop of it where it would be in the way the rest of the time. Sorry for not explaining better first time around.

4. BossPlow2010

Why don't you Post a picture and I'll give you some suggestions.

5. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

I just have a trac-rac system on this truck. Pretty much looks like a backrack but the horizontal bar clears the roof by about 6-8 inches. I am sure I could put it on top of the rack but then will need to remove it alot.

I would wind up probably just getting the magnetic mount so it would be out of the way and remove it in the off season.

On my phone right now let me see if I can figure out how to upload the image. Thank you for your help.

6. BossPlow2010

If it hangs over your roof, you're going to be seeing the lights and they'll start to get to be annoying.

7. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Hmmmm good point. I guess I will just order the magnet mount and then play with it to see what works best.

8. BossPlow2010

Why not just put hide aways in your lights?

9. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Right now i am just going with the roof light i ordered it last night and hope it is all i really need. not trying to put on a light show. i will have some extra lights on my racks and that with the roof light should make me pretty visible.

i had hideaways in my other truck and the fronts were useless b/c they gave me flashback from the plow the rears were great though.

i am not really into doing the roof light conversion just yet either b/c for the cost of it it gives me no coverage from the rear.