1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sound off if you can count the times you plowed

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by magnum1, Mar 22, 2012.

1. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

How many of you can count the times you plowed this winter on one hand My # is 3
    Thank goodness we were and still are busy enough not to rely on plowing snow for a
    source of income. Part 2: do you plan on staying in this buiss. for the 2012 - 2013 season
    :dizzy:

2. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i've been out over 30 times so far this season and its not over! i'm sick of the snow lol

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6 times and that was to many for me!

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

4 times here.Topsoil season now.

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

between 6 and 8... Some of the light snows were milked (they had to be scraped) others 2" or more.

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

1. 6-10 plows 30-35 salts. 2. Nope, one year with low plow events, thats it. selling 20 plow/salt trucks, 2 loaders, 5 skidsteers, 4 cube vans.

7. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

5 or 8 times here. hell yea im staying in the game. all 4 of my trucks and skidsteer are all paid for. i made a little over 15 grand, all profit. great year!

8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I can't count to 0... But i will still be in it next year.. A few salt events was the extent of my winter this year. Heck i had my daughter in her baby pool yesterday

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I believe 6 times we went out. Hopefully this season discouraged the "beer money" plowers and they'll get out of it and leave more work for us.

10. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

9 times and I will still be around next year.

11. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

it wont, they didnt lose any accounts because it didnt press them to get things done beyond thier level of skill. they will be back next year. about the only people that will be out of the game are people doing it for a side job that bought a bunch of new stuff. they will sell it to pay for it.

12. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Four .....

13. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Only dropped the blade 4 times - This season is over, it was in the 80's here last week.

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Seven plowable events here, buying more equipment for next year (loader time) almost bought one last fall kinda glad I didn't

15. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Lets see, 1 on Jan 21st and......Yup, 1 this season.

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I will be raising my prices again for sure next season. People will be talking all summer on how we'll pay for next year. So I better take their money so they will have peace of mine.

17. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Fifteen....

18. JD Crawlers

JD Crawlers Junior Member

Plowed 3 times. Didnt even put the chains on the tractor until February. This was the last year for me. Selling the tractor/equipment and gave the customers/business to my brother.

Andrew

19. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

That didn't seem to be the case by me. Many guys started to completely forget about snow and went on fishing trips and such and their accounts were not serviced when I was driving home after I finished mine. Especially bad when we had those heavy wet snows we had this year.

20. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

1 and im in it for the long haul