1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sound Off 1400 Lumen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Feb 21, 2011.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Ordered a set today, really hope they are worth the money will have pics when they are installed. Will I be the only one to have them?

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

you will be impressed. they are super bright well worth it

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There are several guys on here that have. From what I hear, they all love them.

4. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

my buddy has a set on his 11 350 and they are awesome

5. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have a set of the 4" 1000 lumen soundoff and I love them they are bright as hell now wishing I had gotten the 1400 lumens being even brighter

6. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

You will not be disapointed. Excellent product.

7. PabstBlueRibbon

I just got a warm fuzzy feeling from you guys

8. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

I've got 2 of the S.O. 500 lumens as reverse lights... I can't imagine the 1400s light output in comparison. Burns my retinas just thinking about it...

These might be worth a look though, and I think they're only $45 each. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=115215

9. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I have both of these lights, the soundoff and the DDM lights. The way have them set up, the soundoff lights are a little better, but their light output is unobstructed, as the DDM lights have a little bit of obstructions in them due to the way that I have them mounted. Both are great lights, I will be mounting the other DDM lights on the rear of my Kubota. I currently have the soundoffs on the rear of my Dodge, and the front of the Kubota. The DDM lights are mounted on the rear of my Chevy, but I couldn't get them mounted where they are completely unobstructed by the bumper. Will try to post some pictures of them in the next couple of days.

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

are you saying the 1350 ddm is only comparable in light output to the SO 500 or the SO 1400?

if you have the 500's and the DDM the DDM should be 3x brighter no?

11. PabstBlueRibbon

Got them yesterday and mounted them up. Holy SH!T are they bright, thinking about putting 2 1000's under the bumper to flood the area. Pics tonight guys!

12. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought a couple, then I bought a bunch more because I was so impressed.

13. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have 2 of the DDM tuning led floods and plan to order a few more, I installed HIDs in my plow lights and they are compairable, but don't have the distance, all in all its Damn near day light when there on.
    $45 each

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of 1400 on my backrack and a set of 500 lumen for reverse and another 500 lumen as a salter light. They are bright as the day when all lit up behind the truck.

15. ff1241

ff1241 Member

Will someone post some pictures at night of the Soundoff 1400's? Can I just run them off the power from the backup lightoff of the 7 pin wiring for the trailer or will I need a relay?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113124

I run my 500s off my 7 pin with a relay and my 1400 on my backrack off the aux light that comes with the plow prep which also has a relay and here a some pics of them on in this thread above.

17. PabstBlueRibbon

Ill get pics up tonight, I ran them off a single switch with a 5amp inline to the battery. SO BRIGHT

18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Did you use a relay at all PBR?

19. PabstBlueRibbon

no i did not. my whole system is wired with 12ga so there really is no need

20. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

According to the website the 1400 draws 3.7amps at 12.8v.
    If you have two of these lights wired together that would be 7.4amps max. A 5amp fuse may blow when the battery voltage drops.
    #12 wire is good for 20amps. Make sure it is a heavy duty switch rated for at least 15amps.
    I think it may be a good idea to install a relay but probably will work fine without one.