1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sorta new!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by the new boss 92, Dec 25, 2008.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have been serching on the form and i see alot of new people asking about how much they should be making an hour and such. well this past storm i made about 900 with my own truck and plow. im 17 now and kinda new to this plowing scene but have the contracts or my own and i sub for this landscaping company. but i halso have my number out there all over the place through a bunch of buddies. as a 17 year old making 900 i thinks its fair but i know i could do a little better but i started kinda late and took what i could get. dont be afraid to do some bashing but put your input in and lets hear what some of you made when you started out.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With you being 17 how is it working as a sub? Is the truck in your name? Any insurance for your business? How much you burn in gas to make your 900? No bashing just asking questions.:waving:

3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i maintain the guyss truck and trailers in the winter and summer. And i talked him in to selling his old ford and now he is short on a truck this winter and i have worked with him before thats how i sub with him. im under his insurence and i burn about 30 bucks in about 24 hour period.

4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

$30 in 24 hours of plowing?

I'm sorry, that just doesn't seem right. For referance, I burn about $40 (24 gal) in just about 12-14 hours.

5. E.D.

E.D. Junior Member

Lol.. maybe he plows in a four-banger s-10 :)