1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sorry, NEWBIE Question.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Oct 13, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

sorry for the question. im learning still. dont know much about plows/plowing. my first year. but what does Uni-Mount mean?

reason being, im looking at getting a 7.5 unimount western for the f150. would it sag to much? or can it handle it?

2. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

I would get a set of timbrens. I put a set on my chevy and it doesnt even sag

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Ask all the questions you want, thats why this site is here.
    Unimount is what western calls one of its "quick" mounts, the other is the ultra mount. With the unimount, everything including plow,lights, hydraulic components, etc is removed from the truck when you are not plowing with it. Only the "truckside" mount remains on the truck. The truckside mount bolts to the frame on your truck. See the picture of the unimount plow and truck. Also go to http://www.southford.com/snow-ice/westernunimount.htm there you will find a good explaination of the unimount system.

As far as the F-150 goes it will be fine with a western 7'6" plow. you should think of some timbrens (do a search for them on this site and on the internet) if the front end sags at all. Aux trans cooler would help also if you don't alredy have one.

unimount1.jpg

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If your buying new and looking to go with a western, go with the Ultra-mount system with the isolation module wiring. The ultra is much easier to put on and off the truck with a higher ground clearance in the off season. The iso module is a great improvement over the old relay type wiring.

Where in MI are you?