1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sooo tired

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Dec 22, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well i have had only 14 hrs. of sleep since Friday morning we have had four straight storms since the 17th with one dumping between 11-12 inches on Friday now they say we could get another 6-12 through Wednesday will see. I have snow piles galore but i lost my camera and have to wait till Christmas to open my new one to get pictures.

2. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

Wish I had that problem. Only have had the blade on twice this year so far, and once was just to make sure everything worked and the other time I cried wolf and nothing happened. My uncle was in this weekend from Ann Arbor for Christmas, and he was glad to get a day off from the plow truck. We aren't even getting teased with anything

3. dmarman

dmarman Banned

ditto.........

Don't forget the Tuesday storm, I've gotten about 4 hours of sleep a night since the all nighter on Tuesday night....There is relief in sight after tomorrow though!!

4. DJ Contracting

No relief for me... :dizzy: they say 1-2 tomarrow during the day and 2-4 tomarrow night then a wintry mix payup

5. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Here in Milwaukee its the same forecast, it just doesn't end. Feast or famine for us plowers.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Right there in with you in MN. Left Sunday morning at 3 am, got home Monday morning at 1 am. That 5" just drug on and on and on it seemed.

Talking another 2-4" tonight, then 1-3 tomorrow, trying to decide if I'm going to call the guys in tonight, or wait and wake them up with a cell phone call at 3 am.

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm getting full.

8. postman11

postman11 Junior Member

yea here in ill we have had some but not enough. but its suppose to snow allday tom starting at like 7 am. so long day tom. im already running out of spots to put snow at my propertys. none of its melting, its been like 0-4 degrees here sence our last good snow fall on friday.

9. DJ Contracting

WOW Postman11 where did you get those models in your avatar, i see the were testing the limits of those tailgate cables.

10. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

know what you mean, it seems like there is a lack of snowplowers out by as much business as I've had yet I see hundreds of them cruising around doing nothing? The worst is when you get up a 5am plow till 4pm and try to take a nap and people are knocking on your front door since you shut ringer off on phone and they want plowed out. I'm hating it now but Im sure I'll be wishing for it next winter

11. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

You shut your phone off during a snow storm?:confused:

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Shutting off the ringer is not the same as shutting off the phone. Sometimes you just have to get some sleep and really don't care about Joe homeowner who wants your service twice a year after he has packed down two feet of snow on his driveway and finally got stuck at the end of it. Oh, and then he expects it scraped clean when you get there. :dizzy:

13. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

you"all quit your snibbling about sleep and be thankful!!!!!!

14. DJ Contracting

Not sniveling just tired and i'm thankful everyday, I got 8hrs. of sleep last night so i'm ready for more.

15. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, be happy- Lost the tranny in my truck Sat at 4Am, had to shovel the last customer, my back up driver and I did 14 hours Sun into Mon (he got some sleep, I went straight on) and he's my mechanic so he got to pull the transmission and fix it now too, or we'll be doing the same thing in the next storm!

I'm plowing this season for repair bills at this point!

16. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I am thankful, i made it home by 845 tonight for christmas with the fam. I'm pretty sure after this week i can go any amount of time with no sleep.

17. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I'm never happy. Either it snows too much or not enough. Once a week would be perfect.

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you guys haven't got your snow legs fully in shape!

19. DJ Contracting

20. green frog

green frog Senior Member

When Buffalo got that storm me and my employee went 40hrs without sleep due to equipment breaking and bad luck. Would not reccomend I was falling asleep on my street.