1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesnt

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Hello everyone,
    I had a post on yesterday about my plow just being serviced & it came back & was moving at all.

Last night I sprayed some terminal cleaner on the plugs, this morning it worked just fine.
    This afternoon it doesnt work again.

I started the truck just now & the plow didnt move
    When I shut it off, I touched the joystick as usual & it moves just fine.

The truck: 96 chevy diesel 2500
    Plow: 7.5 ft Blizzard LT 4 years old.

Any takers??
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

different post same problem. you have a bad connection. you will have to work on it. take a wrench and loosen all connections. clean them. reconnect them. plow will be fixed.

not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help. again.
  3. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Shouldnt this have been look at when the plow was being serviced?
  4. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

should have been take it back and tell them it is not working:realmad:
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Look at the contacts inside the connecting plugs. Look for raw copper or steel contacts. If they did it right there should be Dielectric grease in each plug. They may have too much and the plug will not seat fully in the connection. You may have to remove some of the grease with a small screw driver to let the plug seat fully. Or go back to the repair place and say " What the Hell? I pay you to make sure it WORKS ! "
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What did you spray for terminal cleaner? My experience is that products such as Lectra-Clean will remove dirt, grime, and grease but won't touch corrosion. I actually use muriatic acid now to clean electrical contacts. Works great, rinse well....