1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

something you may want to check out.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dayexco, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

my insurance comes up for renewal feb. first. my agent contacted me, asked if i was still doing the Target store. i told him nope. he said, good thing, that my company "general casualty"....was very reluctant to write the policy based on the terminology in USM's contract. i was under the impression from my agent, that they're going to refuse to write policies for contractors under the terms of that contract. some of you may want to check with your agents on this.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Good to know.... but it not just usms contract... alot of the nationals have very similar terminology and I'm sure insurance companies will be looking at ALL national contracts

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

That could be great news for the industry. If insurance companies won't write contracts for these national companies, they will have no choice but to change the language in contracts. If that happens, then maybe they will have to start paying 100% of the contracts, and not screw guys out of money any more. Just my thoughts.