1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Something is leaking...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Jun 12, 2011.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Everytime i drive my 00 dodge 1500 I am now noticing some water draining out of one of the air/heat vents on the floor on the passenger side... Enough water is coming out of the floor vent that the passenger side floor is drenched all in the area where a floor mat would set. Any ideas?? This is happpening weather my air conditioner is on or off.
    Thanks, David - got snow?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd guess a clogged drain for the A/C unit. Even if the A/C is off the defroster uses it to dry the air.

3. leepotter

leepotter Senior Member

x2 The drain should be on the passenger side of the firewall. I had to run a wire in my dad's to unclog it.

4. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

thanks fo the information, that makes sense. I assume engine compartment side of the firewall?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Can not tell you where but yes the outlet is on the outside. you either have to get the info out of a Mechanic's guide or just go searching