1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

something indeed is not right with my pump or motor....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Jan 28, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

first is the motor, second is some piece the motor sits on top of, third is the pump housing.

but on mine..... in between the motor and that piece in between the housing and the motor is a gap being filled by 2 washers...

i just checked the parts poster and there are no washers.

obviously there is a 1/16 ish gap in between that piece and the motor. letting in lots of nice "clean" moisture.

now, if i remove the washers, the motor bottoms out on the shaft from the pump with that gap.

ummm, :confused::confused::confused:

2. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

there are 2 different types of motors for the cable operated power units. check ebay for the pics. one has the motor shaft protruding from motor housing. the other motor has a built in flange with a hole with bushing for the hyd pump shaft to fit into. maybe u have the wrong motor???? just fishing here....

3. birddseedd

sounds logical

4. birddseedd

wonder if i should put a few layers of gasket material in nit instead of washers. dotn really like it being open to the public

5. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

also, the power units with electric motor that has the shaft sticking out, also had a spacer plate with a seal in it, that shimmed the motor farther from the hyd pump shaft.

6. birddseedd

i think ill take some pics and see if yall can make out what all i have.