1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Something different

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TazLandscapes, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

I found this Video On youtube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAEhpagZL_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAEhpagZL_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

something diffrent and useful i guess

2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

We have snowman rear plows and have talked about putting one on the front of a truck just to do the condo units that are so tight.
  3. lawnboyri1

lawnboyri1 Junior Member

I've seen that truck around my area. i believe he is from the N.Providence/Lincoln/Pawtucket (Rte.146) area of Rhode Island.
  4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

That's probably the most unprofessional thing I've seen here
  5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

A hardly functional version of the Hiniker C plow?
  6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'd be embarrassed to be seen with that hideous looking thing.
  7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

what happens when it trips? Does the front of the truck fall off?
  8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

9. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Its a trip edge so I assuming it will trip normally when plowing backwards... He'll just test his welds when hes going forward... lol And yes that plow is a waste but oh well he likes it....
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  10. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Thats not going to trip when hes plowing forward .. I think thats the stupidest snow removal hack ive seen to date.
  11. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I think he should get a pull plow and turn it around so he can push also.
  12. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

HAHA thats ****** up!!
  13. ACS

ACS Member

Haha pretty cool to see something different, Not my cup of tea but I give him props for trying something different.
    Besides all the people worried about the blade triping I think hes fine , Think about how the cutting edge is facing and its angle , it will be smoother then when we hit something and the plow would just float up.

but thats my $0.02

Time to sit back and watch this thread take off.
  14. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

We do two condo projects with a total of 116 double drives anywhere from 25-50 ft. long. The backing up 3-4 times per drive gets real old, hard on the neck and back. Mirrors always seem to be snowy, icy, etc. Gotta make sure you get close but don't drive through the doors. We are required to use pull plows instead of just back dragging with front blades. Seriously thinking that one of our snowmen pull plows on the front of a truck might be the ticket. Then we could back over mailboxes and light poles instead of bumping overhead doors! Ya, might have to get on that idea soon.