1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Something cool at Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by oatka, Dec 5, 2005.

1. oatka

oatka Junior Member

finally Yahoo offers what I've been hoping for. (maybe they've had it and I just found it). what i set up today is emails to text message for my cell phone. here's how i work it. i have a email account set up ONLY for business (even though i'm not really in the business yet) and that business email forwards all emails to my Yahoo account that then sends me a text message containing the email (it might truncate the message, i didn't test it with a large message). so, what this does is keep me informed of any customers (if i had any) emails that come in while i'm out. it's kind of a nice set up. maybe someday i'll get in the biz and see an actuall use for it.

ok, i realize many of you might not want to be bothered by email while you're out, but maybe some do if it's from paying (or soon to be) customers.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

My customers just call my cell##, no need to confuse the older folks with an
    E-mail address too.:D
    But that does sounds like a good way to have you mail follow you around.

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

That is a great idea. I might look into it, just for my normal e-mails even. BTW, it was nice of you to post the thought.

Even if nobody uses it, it's still cool you thought to mention it. Take care.

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Not to mention...they have LOTS of spyware!:angry: