1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Something Bent

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jkiser96, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have bent something on my 8'2"V. When I angle the plow right the right wing is abou 1" off the ground & when I put it in V position the right wing is about 1"-2" off ground, but when I scoop or angle left it works fine. I also noticed that the plow is not square on truck, the cylinder & light tower are centered but the actual plow is off to the left. I am not sure if I bent the push frame or what but any info is greatly appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do you run the center shoe? Sometimes if you use the plow angeled one way you might wear one side down. Are the cutting edges equal?Make sure your pins are still in the push bar.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hi have you ever tripped the plow down in the angled position? You could have bent the plow frame. I have heard of that happening too. More than likey that is what happened. I am always careful when mine trips down. Those vees are more fragile when they trip in an angeled position than a straight blade. You might of bent your under carriage hooks too? its possible, but those are the only 2 I can think of right now. Hope you get it figured out.

Ryan

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The plow frames are very strong I dout you bent it.

Take a look down the plow did you tweak a wing.

Stand at the end and look at the top corner and the bottom edge does the bottom edge look like it was pushed back..

But, I bet you bent the horizontal hinge pin.( the pin that lets the plow trip)

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

this sounds like it could be an easy problem. Are you sure that your plow is properly mounted to the frame/truck? I ask because I once did that, the plow didnt clip in on one side angling the entire unit. Hopefully this is all it is.

6. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I checked it all out today & the push frame is bent just a little on the left side. Luckily the powdercoat is still on & I seen it cracked at the bend. Thanks for all the info. I just have to find someone that has the part in stock.

7. jryden145

jryden145 Member

I would check the plow frame too, we have bent one on a staight blade, and craked one on a V.

J

8. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

What are you guys calling the plow frame. I bent the push frame that the springs all attach to & connects the blade to the light tower

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Quick terminology lesson here. Everybody got their no. 2 pencil's:D? Some guy's call the under carriage on the truck the "plow frame". Boss call's it the "push beam" Meyer call's it the "mounting carton". All the same thing just different wording but it can make it a little confusing:dizzy: .I believe jryden145 was refering to the "push beam". Did you check it over with a tape measure? That's the easiest way to find out if something's tweaked.

10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I just measured the mount on the truck & it checks out just fine. I measured height, width, everything & it checked out. I installed a new push frame on the plow & it still is up on the right side. I checked the wings with a 6' level & they are not bent. I am at a loss for ideas, I may trade it in this week & start from scratch. maybe a new XT

11. jryden145

jryden145 Member

I was actually referring to the plow a-frame the part that mounts to the plow. I have never bent a push beam, but we have now started to tack weld them together because the bolts loosen up quite often.

J

12. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

I had a Boss 9'2 on a c3500 hd dump. Was plowing a lot, left angle. hit a crack in the lot and the plow tripped. After that the plow was never the same. Bent the a-frame and pin, bent the wings. Switched to a fisher with the trip edge. Haven't had one problem in four years.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:dizzy: Some pics would be nice.

14. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Better get that pickup frame checked before you go buy a new plow.