1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Someone Help.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stik208, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Hi all,
    So its creeping up on us fellas.....snow season. I am having a dilema I do not have an amber light for plowing. I am debating on some options 1. A Sho-me slimlight in the front window and 2 in the rear window. 2. A mini halogen bar 3. A mini strobe bar. I can't find prices on the halogen bar I want which is a mini Excalibur bar plain jane 2 rotators, which I would like but cant find prices for the plain jane I will look ino it tommorrow to see if they still have the model that isnt half a lightbar.I posted a pic before in what light do I want? And i know most people dont like storbes in the snow due to bounce. I am not really interested in a led min bar though. I will be also using my corner strobes along with my rear taillight flasher so anyones opinions will be great.

Thanks guys

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has 'em and they all stink.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

First check your state laws to be sure you are required to use emergency and under what circumstances. You may not actually need it.

3. Stik208

Amber for plowing, and can be used by everyone. Blue for Volunteer Fire.

Jason

4. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

wont the corner strobes be enough. :waving:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Can be but are they required and under what circumstances? For instance, if the law required warning lighting while in the act of plowing snow and on a public area, if you are only doing driveways you wouldn't need lights unless you're backing into the street.

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would just stick with the corner strobes, that already enough light.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

8. M-Pact Snow

M-Pact Snow Junior Member

Type in search for LSH lights they have a nice low profile LED minibar for $200 that only draws 4 amps.

9. Stik208

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fede...50466QQitemZ4580423168QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have been doing some research and have taken a liking to the F.S. Jet Stream series. I saw the 48 inch 3 rotator on awdirect for a little above 300 and also like the mini jet I cant remember the price on that one I think it was the 2 95 fpm. One of the things Im not a fan of is the mini drills into the roof not a good thing. Any ideas on my decision making, I will also be using in blue mode to for V/F.This is one I have had my eye on. Let me know what you think. I also think if I go with a jetstream I will get a backrack because I think the magnets ma look kind of silly on there unless any one has a suggestion on mounting.

Jason

10. Stik208

Anybody have any input on this lightbar I posted? I read the guys feedback and he sells all types of lights and everything was A+

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  11. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

strobe lights

you need any kind of strobe go to www.awdirect.com they have everything.