1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

someone help !!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by NLMCT, Mar 10, 2014.

1. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

so i got my alternator fixed now my parking brake light is on and it chimes everytime i step on the gas .... i check the actually parking brake and it is not engage ... any suggestions i would greatly appreciate thank you

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

is there any play in the pedal? pull the release with one hand and see if it lifts up at all with the other

3. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

i pushed the e brake down it seemed alot easier than before but it still springs back up when i pull the release .....

4. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

have you checked the e-brake cable at the wheels to see if it is engaging/disengaging. Watch the light as you step on the pedal, does it get slightly brighter? If so the light is getting activated elsewhere. Did i miss what you are working on?

5. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

Nope it doesn't get any brighter but I pushed the e brake all the way down and put it in drive and the e brake doesn't even work ... Could that be why the light is on and stays on and is there anyway I can turn the light off cause I never use my e brake ??

6. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

its a 2003 f250 super duty

7. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

See if you can look under the dash for the switch. It's tight but see if you can manually activate the switch. If that works then they screwed up the cable. If the switch seems to be moving ok, see if you can pull the connector. It's a right angle connector. Use a paper clip to try and activate/deactivate it that way.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

E brake should have a switch on pedal, push it all the way in by hand and see if light goes off. Also check your brake fluid level. Some vehicles a low level can set off the light.

9. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

what switch ??? switch to turn off the light ?? sorry im a lil confused lol

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There is a switch on the E brake pedal assembly. This tell the truck when the e brake is released.

11. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

got it ... thats exactly what it was thank you very much everyone

12. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

do all you brake lights work? including the third one?....I remember gm doing that years ago

13. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

Glad you found it..

14. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

unrelated to this post ... im hsopping for new shocks... any suggestion i have a 2003 f250 ..should i get bigger shocks in the front cause of the plow?