1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Somebody toss me bone!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ffjohn, Nov 7, 2002.

1. ffjohn

ffjohn Junior Member
    from mn

ya ya I've tried the search engine. What I need to know is if there's a standard rate per 1000 sq. ft. anybody uses for plowing. Or at least a ballpark # people try for. I think it will be fun to see all the different rates, lets say it's up to a 5" snowfall and a 20,000 sq. ft. parking lot. No sanding, plowing only.

Thank You

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

It all depends on what market you're in. You could discuss production times and then if you want to determine what your own price would be, apply your own factor to it.

Assuming no obstructions, night time plow with no traffic - just staright up plowing in a relative square/rectangle (not a long run): 20,000 sq ft with an 8' straight blade would take maybe 18 to 25 minutes with 5" snow that has some moisture content. Not slushy and not powdery.
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Using the same senerio as Lawn Lad, 20,000 sf with minimal obstructions. Any one of my drivers with an 8'-0" blade could complete 5" of snow in about 25 minutes.